Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Less Than Three Weeks To Go!!!


Wow, time sure flies! When I started this blog I had triple digit days to go. Now departure is right around the corner. Looks like the route is pretty much settled (maybe you can see the string on the map?) and has fallen into place with a couple of modifications:

Monica will be going with me from Rockville to Indiana, Michigan, Wisconsin and Minnesota.
Debra then joins me from Minnesota to North Dakota (just setting foot there to say I've been there), South Dakota, Wyoming and Utah.
Bonnie picks up in Utah, then on to Arizona and California.
I'll be solo from California to Albuquerque and then David will join me for New Mexico, Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Tennessee, Kentucky, West Virginia and home. Well, he may not make the whole trip back with me -- negotiations continue.


Meanwhile I snuck off to the beach to bid adieu to east coast for a bit.

Thanks to Monica for the brilliant suggestion to take photographs of the "welcome to" signs along the way. Should make a nice montage AND remind me where I've breezed through! Thanks Andrea for the suggestion to download podcasts. If only I could figure out how!! And thanks to my seatmate on my flight to LA a couple of weeks ago who suggested bringing some provisions to be able to picnic occasionally and not be wholly at the mercy of restaurant food for five weeks.

Do you have a suggestion?

No comments:

Post a Comment