Friday, January 29, 2010

1/29/10 - The Planning Starts

Welcome! This is where I'm going to plan my long-contemplated mid-life (past mid-life?) crisis cross country trip. Who cares? Who knows? What I'd love is suggestions, advice reactions, anecdotes, cautionary tales, and anything else you care to contribute.

Right now I have a few fixed destinations:
August 1 - head to Bloomington, Indiana
By August 12 - arrive in the Yellowstone/Jackson area
By August 20 - make it to Los Angeles and spend the weekend

183 days until departure!

6 comments:

  1. Whew. Okay. Figured that out..... how to sign in here and make a comment. Anyway ---- excited to see you are planning ahead. Sometimes the planning is even more fun than the actual event and since the journey is its own reward..... you are on your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Game plan for serenity: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Highways

    You go, girl!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. rhenry@silverstar.com posts. For the new Moon/meteor shower on 12 August bring some warm clothes as I have been snowed on every month of the year here at 7,000 MSL in the Rockies. '86 Porsche 911 with a Targa top sitting in the garage if you need back-up wheels during the Wyoming portion of your trip! Doug (WWHS '69) Henry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bloomington is a great place to begin....love that town from my college years...spend a day there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And go skinny dippin' in the quarries!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. When in Jackson Hole many years ago, took the ski gondola up the mountain--view was spectacular & I recommend it! I had plenty of time to look vs ski, since my ACL and I parted ways in Jackson Hole! A friend also recommended Thermopolis WY-said it was a quirky little town w/hot springs. As for what car to take....I AGREE -- you must take the Lexus...I envision you flying down those empty WY roads with the top down! Jackie

    ReplyDelete